Monday, July 15, 2013

My Last Day in Africa

I couldn't be more sad! My month long trip is coming to a close. It has gone by much too quickly. My flight leaves Uganda tonight at 11:30 pm.

I just left the baby orphanage and cried the entire drive back to the guesthouse.  It was so heartbreaking leaving behind Hope. She is my little angel that I want to take home. I have spent a lot of time with her and would have loved to adopt her had the adoption fees not been so crazy expensive.

As I pack my things, I hope that I have made a difference here. I hope that at least one child remembers me as their friend. I will miss so many things like the beautiful scenery and African way of life; but most of all the people. There are so many kind souls here that I am not used to experiencing in the US. These are some of the nicest people I have ever met. They are so humble and grateful for what little they have. They always put others before themselves. I used to feel sympathy for the people of this country, but I dont anymore.  I just feel love.

No comments:

Post a Comment