Friday, June 28, 2013

Ways to stand out as an American tourist

Just a few differences I've picked up in Europe:

Everyone speaks fast....it seems even faster in dutch!

Bathrooms are like closets with doors that enclose you entirely,  even in public ones

Houses are quaint and built with character

There is little patience...especially for americans

I dont think the concept of a "line" exists. Everyone just pushes their way to the front. It took me 20 minutes to order a sandwich because people kept going in front of me. Its a sight to see watching 250 people at the airline terminal gate pushing to all board at once. It took me a while to figure this one out.

People will stare at you if you eat french fries with your fingers

Everything is expensive! You cant find a sandwich for less than 15 bucks.

...well thats all. Im off to eat my $18 burger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment