Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Village

Today we went to Zirobwe village which is 1.5 hours outside of Kampala. It was amazing! Its definitely my favorite project so far. We led the children in Sunday school while the parents attended a 3 hour church service! This is normal here.

We had about 200 kids to work with so it was a little crazy but so fun. We sung lots of songs, danced, and told bible stories. The kids really get into it.

The kiddos are amazing. They instantly gravitate to you and want to hold your hand and sit on your lap. I think at one time I had 6 kids holding onto my arms and dress. I was going to take more pictures but I couldnt bear to leave the little ones.

They are so poor and literally have nothing. Most of them were wearing their very best clothing (for church) but very few had shoes. Their feet are like leather and have cuts and blisters all over them. They live in huts and grow their own food. The parents are so appreciative of us being here. Its crazy how little they have, yet their spirits arw joyous.  I cant wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment